The Whole Megillah Seminar on Jewish Story
The first The Whole Megillah Seminar on Jewish Story, co-sponsored by the Association of Jewish Libraries, is planned for Sunday, May 18, 2014 at Temple Emanu-El in New York City, and you are invited! The full-day event features several panels:
- Peninnah Schram, Storyteller, Professor of Speech and Drama, Yeshiva University’s Stern College
- Samuel Norich, Publisher, The Jewish Daily Forward
- Deborah Heiligman, author of Intentions, winner of the 2013 Sydney Taylor Book Award for Teen Readers
- Susan Lynn Meyer, author of Black Radishes, a 2011 Sydney Taylor Honor recipient for Older Readers
- Rebecca Short, Assistant Editor, Delacorte Press/Random House
- April Halprin Wayland, author of New Year at the Pier, a 2010 Sydney Taylor Book Award Winner for Younger Readers.
- Ellen Cassedy, author of We Are Here, winner of the Grub Street National Book Prize for Nonfiction
- Joy Ladin, author of Through The Door of Life: A Jewish Journey Between the Genders, 2012 National Jewish Book Award finalist
- Nancy K. Miller, author of What They Saved: Pieces of a Jewish Past and other memoirs
- Tahneer Oksman, Jewish women in comics
On Monday, May 19, interested attendees are welcome to visit the Jewish Museum for special events:
- A special docent-led tour of the museum
- A hands-on writing session, inspired by the museum’s art
An extra $35 fee applies.
Cost of Seminar: $125, includes kosher lunch - temporarily reduced to $99!
For more information and to register, please contact barbarakrasner(at)att(dot)net
Wednesday, March 19, 2014 5:47 PM
Sounds like a very interesting seminar. Ellen
Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:26 AM
I've tried to register by contacting the email address above, but haven't heard anything.
Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:52 AM
Ellen, I will let Barbara know that you are trying to reach her. Heidi Estrin, AJL President