AJL Conference 2022: Together Again!
Join us, in-person, at the 2022 conference, to be held at The National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia, June 27–29, 2022.
AJL has a block of rooms at the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District, 400 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, which is two blocks away from the Weitzman National Museum of American Jewish History. Scroll down on this page to find the link to reserve rooms. We are aware that AJL is nearing the capacity of our room block at the hotel. Please note that after June 2 there will no longer be rooms available at the discounted $209 rate.
Click on our weekly updates below to find out more conference details.
Preliminary Conference Program
The preliminary conference program is now available! Check back frequently as sessions are added and other changes made. Abstracts for each session and presenter bios are available in Socio (now called Webex Events), our conference app.
Conference Email Updates
Conference Update #1: Announcing the 2022 AJL Conference (March 9)
Conference Update #2: Conference Support (March 16)
Conference Update #3: Feinstein Lecture (March 23)
Conference Update #4: Keynote Address (March 30)
Conference Update #5: Preliminary Program (April 6)
Conference Update #6: Discover Philadelphia (April 13)
Conference Update #7: Early Bird Deadline April 29! (April 20)
Conference Update #8: Meetings and Lodging (April 27)
Conference Update #9: Musical Monday with Sarah Aroeste (May 4)
Conference Update #10: Meet the Award Winners! (May 11)
Conference Update #11: Socio, Our Conference App (May 18)
Conference Update #12: Volunteer Opportunities/Support Our Sponsors and Vendors (May 25)
Conference Update #13: Member Awards and Scholarships (June 1)
Conference Update #14: Philadelphia Resources (June 8)
Conference Update #15: Getting Around Philadelphia (June 15)
Conference Update #16: Odds and Ends (June 22)
Conference Update #17: Welcome (June 26)
Conference Update #18: Thank You and COVID Exposure Information (July 1)
Conference Update #18: Follow-Up (July 11)
During the 2022 AJL Conference in Philadelphia, we will follow all CDC, State of Pennsylvania, and City of Philadelphia COVID guidelines, including wearing masks and maintaining social distancing.
Out of concern for the safety of our conference attendees and guests, everyone attending will be fully vaccinated. It will be necessary to show your ID and proof of vaccination at the registration table, so please be prepared.
Join AJL and Get a Reduced Rate:
We encourage you to join AJL to benefit from the Member rate. See AJL Conference 2022 Registration Tickets and Rates for all ticket options. Conference support is available to current members of AJL and students who register for the full conference. Note that most applications for support must be submitted by Friday, March 25, 2022. See the Conference Support page for details.
(Pre-Conference) Sunday Two-Hour “Behind the Scenes” Tour of the Rosenbach Library and Museum
Meet at the Rosenbach, 2008 Delancey Place
June 26, 2:00–4:00 pm
Fee of $15 per person, space is limited to 12 registrants.
Add to your cart when registering.
Check the Rosenbach website for more information.
Weitzman National Museum of American Jewish History
Tour our conference venue!
Use this form to register for a free docent-led tour.
Monday, June 27, 9:30, 10:45 am, This tour is filled, but we are accepting names on a waiting list in case of cancellations
Tuesday, June 28, 3:30, 4:15pm, This tour is filled, but we are accepting names on a waiting list in case of cancellations
Wednesday Two-Hour Walking Tour of Historic Jewish Philadelphia
Leaves from the Weitzman National Museum of American Jewish History at 2:30 pm
Add to your cart when registering.
Please Register Below.
Important: If you are adding tickets or additional meals to your conference registration, be sure to read the instructions below to learn how to add these items to your cart.
● Click on the Ticket dropdown menu for registration options. Most attendees will select Full Registration ($475 for AJL members registering by April 29). Both members and non-members should select this option. See AJL Conference 2022 Registration Tickets and Rates for descriptions of all registration ticket types and fees listed in the dropdown menu per diem, retiree, student, and meals-only options.
● Answer the questions in the Information section regarding division affiliation, first timer status, request for vegetarian meals, etc.
● Click the Add to Cart button.
● Select any additional tickets (e.g., Monday Boxed Kosher Dinner) by clicking on the Select an event dropdown menu and selecting AJL Conference 2022: Together Again! Select your desired ticket from the Ticket dropdown menu and click the Add to Cart button. Repeat as necessary. Once you have completed your selections, click the Next button to proceed to the Identification page.
● Check the “I am a member” box and enter the email address you used for your AJL membership in order for the $475 early bird rate ($100 member discount) to appear. Do not be concerned that the non-member $575 early bird rate is appearing in the Checkout total. The member discount will be applied on the final Payment page. (Note: After April 29, the rates will increase to $525 for members and $625 for non-members.) Non-members will need to enter their complete contact information. Click the Next button to proceed to the Confirm page.
● Confirm your ticket selections and click the Next button to proceed to the Payment page.
● Choose your payment option: Credit Card or Check or cash. If paying by credit card, fill in the required information. Click the Checkout button. “The transaction has been processed” will appear to indicate successful registration.
● If you paid by credit card, you will receive an email with the subject line AJL – You are now registered for an event, with an attached confirmation. If you opted to pay by check, you will receive an email with the subject line AJL – Pending online store purchase noting the amount owed and including instructions for paying the balance due.
Conference FAQs and Contacts
AJL Membership V.P. Sharon Benamou for membership questions
For other conference information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To place an ad in the conference program book or to become a sponsor, exhibitor, or vendor, please email AJL Ad Manager Jackie Ben-Efraim
Conference Hotel: Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
Hotel is available from 6/24-6/29 at the rate of $209 per night.
Make your reservation here: https://book.passkey.com/e/50287304