AJL Digital Conference 2023: A World of Possibilities
Plans are under way for our upcoming 2023 Digital Conference which will take place Monday, June 19, 2023–Thursday, June 22, 2023.
Frequently asked questions
|Who is the Association of Jewish Libraries?||The Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL) is the leading authority on Judaic librarianship. We are an international, professional organization that fosters access to information and research in all forms of media relating to all things Jewish. Our members include librarians, scholars, educators, archivists, authors, and library advocates working in academic and research institutions, archives, synagogues, day schools, and Jewish community centers as well as public schools and libraries serving Jewish communities.|
|What is the AJL Digital Conference?||Each year AJL members gather to learn from each other, network, and socialize. AJL hosted digital conferences in 2020 and 2021 and will continue to offer our annual conference on Zoom every other year starting in 2023. The 2023 conference theme is A World of Possibilities and the program will include a special keynote address and the annual Feinstein Lecture; membership and division meetings; presentations of the Sydney Taylor Book Awards, the AJL Jewish Fiction Award, the AJL Judaica Reference Award, and the Judaica Bibliography Award; updates from the Library of Congress and the National Library of Israel; and break-out and panel presentations on all aspects of librarianship and on topics related to Jews, Judaism, the Jewish experience, or Israel. As our schedule develops, we’ll be adding updates and information. Keep checking back for more information.The 2022 AJL Conference was held in person in Philadelphia. The 2024 AJL Conference will be held inn person, June 23–26, 2024, in California.|
|When is the AJL 2023 Conference?||The 2023 Digital Conference will be held Monday, June 19–Thursday, June 22. Sessions will take place on Zoom between 9:00 am-5:00 pm Eastern with some special evening programming as well. All sessions will be recorded and will be accessible to conference registrants for up to a year. So if you have to miss a session, you will be able to watch it at your convenience.|
|Who attends the AJL Conference?||Everyone is welcome! Whether you are a librarian, scholar, educator, archivist, author, student, library advocate, or volunteer—or you are interested in learning more about the field of Judaic librarianship—there will be something for you. Encourage your colleagues and friends to experience the AJL Conference with you!|
|Will there be a mobile app?||Yes! About one month before the conference, registrants will receive a link to download the Webex Events app (formerly Socio). The Webex app will contain the entire conference schedule, session descriptions, Zoom links, presenter bios, information about our sponsors, and easy ways to connect with other attendees. You will also be able to instantly create your own personal agenda and download session handouts. You can access the Webex app on your laptop, desktop, iPad, and/or mobile device, and it will be available for up to a year after the conference.|
|How much does the AJL Digital Conference cost?||Registration will open in spring 2023. AJL Members: $180; Retirees: $90; Students: $40; Non-members: $290|
|Are there scholarships available?||Yes, conference support is available to current members of AJL and library students. See the Conference Support page for deadlines and details.|
|I have unique needs. How can I inform you of them?||Please let us know while registering. We are committed to providing a positive and meaningful experience for everyone, so please help us help you.|
|Are conference sponsorships available?||Yes! Place an ad in the digital conference program, sponsor a session, or discover other ways to get your company’s name and product in front of AJL members. Go to the Advertise with AJL page or contact email@example.com for more information.|
|What if I have more questions?||We’d be happy to answer them! Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Information: AJL Conference Registrar Marcie Eskin (email@example.com) for registration questions AJL Treasurer Andrew Lillien (firstname.lastname@example.org) for payment questions AJL Membership V.P. Sharon Benamou (email@example.com) for membership questions|
|Member Category||Registration Fee|
- Click on the Ticket dropdown menu below. You will see three options,
- Standard Registration ($180 members / $290 nonmembers),
- Retiree Registration ($90), and
- Student Registration ($40, includes AJL Membership through 9/30/2024).
- Both members and non-members should select the Standard Registration option. Members should not be concerned that the $290 non-member cost is appearing in the Checkout total below the cart logo. The discounted $180 cost will appear later in the process. Retirees should select the Retiree Registration option and Students should select the Student Registration option. The $90 Retiree cost or the $40 Student cost will appear in the Checkout total and on the final Payment page.
- Because the cost of the conference should never be a barrier to registration, AJL does offer assistance. Go to the Conference Support page of the AJL website (https://jewishlibraries.org/conference-support/) for application information.
- Answer the questions in the Information section regarding division affiliation and first timer status. Click the Add to Cart button, then click the Next button to proceed to the Identification page.
- Check the “I am a member” box and enter the email address you used for your AJL membership. The discounted rate of $180 will appear in the Checkout total under the cart logo. Click the Next button to proceed to the Confirm page.
- Confirm your ticket selection and click the Next button to proceed to the Payment page.
- The only payment option is to pay by Credit Card. Fill in the required information. Click the Checkout button. “The transaction has been processed” will appear to indicate successful registration. If you are unable to pay with a credit card, contact AJL Conference Registrar Marcie Eskin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make other arrangements.
- Once you have paid, you will receive two emails, one with the subject line AJL – You are now registered for an event, with an attached confirmation, and a second with the subject line AJL – Sale, confirming your payment. For payment questions, contact AJL Treasurer Andrew Lillien (email@example.com).