The AJL News and Reviews is published quarterly. Receipt of this publication is one of the benefits of membership in the Association. The most recent four issues are restricted to AJL members. If you are not a member, please consider joining us.
Members Only: View the current issues of the AJL News and AJL Reviews.
View the AJL News and Reviews archive for older issues (until June 2019, issues were published separately as AJL News and AJL Reviews).
To search the reviews, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Instructions to Reviewers
- Please submit all contributions by e-mail.
- Send reviews of literature for adult readers to Laura Schutzman.
- Send reviews of children’s and teen literature to Ellen Drucker-Albert.
- Guidelines for reviewers of Adult and Reference literature
- Guidelines for reviewers of Children & Teen literature
- What is – and what is not – a Jewish book? (for reviewers of Children & Teen literature)
To submit a title for review please read the submission guidelines
Click here to request a copy of a review that has been published.
Instructions for AJL News items
Please respect the copy deadlines (for all contributions)
February 5 for March/April issue
June 5 for July/August issue
August 5 for September/October issue
November 5 for December/January issue
Instructions to Advertisers
- All ads must be prepaid.
- Electronic submission of copy in PDF format is preferred.
- Payment may be made by credit card or check. Please click here to purchase an ad.
Book Review Index
Please note that this index does not link to the full text of the book reviews.
Digital copies of AJL Reviews are available back to the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of the AJL Newsletter.
Earlier print back issues are housed in Cincinnati, OH at the Hebrew Union College Library.