Submissions for the 2023 Association of Jewish Libraries Fiction Award are now being accepted.
The criteria used to evaluate books for the Award are:
- The book is a work of fiction with literary merit written for adult readers.
- The book has significant Jewish thematic content related to Jews, Judaism, the Jewish experience or Israel. Works with little Jewish content (e.g. a peripheral character or two) will not be considered. The author of the work does not need to be of Jewish heritage.
- Books submitted for the 2023 award must have a publication date of 2022. The book must be available for purchase in the United States.
- Books will not be considered which are reprints or reissues; books published only as e-books; books which are translations.
- Novels, short story and flash fiction collections by a single author are eligible. Anthologies and collections by multiple authors will not be considered.
There is no submission fee for this award. Authors or publishers may submit books for consideration. However, the committee requests that multiple shipments of the same book be avoided. In order to be considered, a review copy must be sent to each of the following committee members by December 1, 2022:
2 Barberry Ln
West Newbury, MA 01985
Advance reader’s copies, digital copies, or finished books are all acceptable. Additional copies may be requested at the Committee’s discretion.