Submissions for the 2024 Association of Jewish Libraries Fiction Award are now being accepted.
The following criteria are used to evaluate books for the Award:
- The book is a work of fiction with literary merit written for adult readers.
- The book has significant Jewish thematic content related to Jews, Judaism, the Jewish experience, or Israel. Works with little Jewish content (e.g. a peripheral character or two) will not be considered. The author of the work does not need to be of Jewish heritage.
- Books submitted for the 2024 award must have a publication date of 2023. Translations are eligible in the publication year of the English translation. The book must be available for purchase in the United States.
- Reprints or reissues of previously published works and books published only as e-books will not be considered.
- Novels and short story or flash fiction collections by a single author are eligible. Anthologies and collections by multiple authors will not be considered.
There is no submission fee for this award. Authors or publishers may submit books for consideration. However, the committee requests that multiple shipments of the same book be avoided. In order to be considered, a review copy must be sent to the committee chair at the following address by December 1, 2023:
2 Barberry Ln
West Newbury, MA 01985
Advance reader’s copies, digital copies, or finished books are all acceptable. Additional copies may be requested at the Committee’s discretion.