- AJL News and Reviews: quarterly publication featuring organizational news and reviews by AJL members of Judaic books and other resources
- AJL Book Review Index: a tool to help users find items in past issues of AJL News and Reviews
- Judaica Librarianship: AJL’s peer-reviewed journal
- Conference proceedings: papers from the AJL annual conference
- The Sydney Taylor Shmooze: mock award blog with reviews of Jewish children’s and young adult books
- The Book of Life: A Podcast About Jewish Kidlit (Mostly)
- The AJL Advocacy Kit, created to assist Judaic librarians as they educate their communities about the value of their services
- Evaluating Jewish Representation in Children’s Literature: A Guide for Libraries
- Excellence in Jewish Children’s Literature, a guide for book selectors, reviewers and award judges
- The All-of-a-Kind Family Companion, a reader’s guide to the Sydney Taylor series
- The School Library: A Vital Component of Jewish Education, a slide show presentation to share with school stakeholders
Recommended Reading Lists
- Love Your Neighbor, a series of Jewish reading recommendations for non-Jewish youth, to educate and create empathy
- Holiday Highlights, recommended juvenile Jewish holiday books
- Jewish Stars: recommended books with Jewish themes for public schools and libraries
- In Celebration of Jewish Book Month, lists of recommended Jewish books published annually by AJL divisions and chapters
- The Jewish Book Carnival, a monthly compilation of Jewish literary links from across the blogosphere
- The Bibliography Bank, curated booklists generated by AJL members
- Read Together, a list of 100 Jewish children’s books for the family bookshelf compiled with support from the Jewish Grandparents Network
- The Jewish Library Handbook edited by Joyce Levine (2016). A practical guide for synagogue, school, and community center libraries.
- The Weine Classification Scheme and Relative Index: for Judaica Libraries 9th ed. by Association of Jewish Libraries and Joel Tuchman (2013), a classification system used in many small synagogue libraries, is available for free download by AJL members. A bound copy is available for purchase from Amazon.
- Creating a Collection: A Basic Book List for Judaic Libraries 6th ed. by Marlene Schiffman and Leslie Monchar (2015). An annotated subject bibliography for developing a core collection in a synagogue, school or community center library.
- Jewish Classics for Kids by Linda Silver (2006). An annotated bibliography of a classic canon for children.
- The Association of Jewish Libraries Guide to Yiddish Short Stories by Bennett Muraskin (2011), an annotated summary of over 130 Yiddish stories available in English translation.
- Freiband, Susan, with Barbara Leff. Collection Development in Smaller Judaica Libraries (2 vol. set) New York: AJL, 2006. Includes Introduction and Guide (34 p.) and Resource Guide (18 p.). Practical information to help with collection development and an annotated bibliography of tools for selection of materials. $10. For purchase, please contact the AJL Publications chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notable Children’s Books of Jewish Content. New York: AJL, 2001. (60 p.) Annotated lists of recommended books for 1985-2000, prepared by the Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee. $10. For purchase, please contact the AJL Publications chair at email@example.com.